We spoke to a variety of businesses based in Slough and asked them what brought them here. For some it is the transport connections – both Heathrow and London are under 20 minutes away… Read More
Accessibility & Transport
Slough and the Thames Valley are just west of Greater London. They are 20 minutes from London Paddington and Heathrow. Our excellent transport connections mean skilled workers are within a 45-minute commute.. Read more
Skills & Education
Slough and the Thames Valley are full of talented people. Around half the Lonza team, for example, lives around Slough. There are a lot of ICT and technology specialists in the area… Read more
Slough and the Thames Valley are thriving. Companies from around the world are locating their business in Berkshire and especially Slough because we are perfectly placed in the heart of England – under 20 minutes from Heathrow and London, on the M4 motorway and close to Windsor, Oxford University and the River Thames.
It is a breeding ground for skilled people. While Slough Trading Estate, a competitive business environment that is evolving all the time, makes connecting with high-quality suppliers easy.
Our growth sectors include telecoms, transport and communication (there are 11,300 jobs in this sector), finance, IT and other business activity (20,000 jobs), public admin, education and health (12,000 jobs), and distribution, hotels and restaurants (16,700 jobs).
Slough’s economy & business in Berkshire
- 83,000 jobs in approximately 4,000 businesses
- 70% of 16 to 65 year olds in work
- £7.5 billion turnover
- £2.5 billion output (approximately)
- £700 million of output in manufacturing
- 9,000 manufacturing jobs
- Continued growth in service sector jobs
- Average weekly salary of £603 (that is above the South East and UK average)
- The Thames Valley is the 10th most promising region in Europe for inward investment (and 3rd in the UK), while Slough is 3rd for infrastructure, in FDi Intelligence’s ‘European Cities & Regions of the Future’ report